Those who would like to like to submit a proposal to this project can find a copy of the Request for Proposals HERE and should follow all requirements put forth in this document. For all proposal submissions and questions contact Nate Higginson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are due by March 16, 5:00 PM MST
Located south of Silt, CO on lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, the King Heatherly Diversion Dam is a structure that has a few operational issues and could be improved. The project objectives are to:
- Improve habitat connectivity for resident fish by improving upstream passage of the structure during the spring flow regime;
- Reduce maintenance needs and costs associated with the structure;
- Demonstrate the viability of projects of this type in the Middle Colorado Watershed (Glenwood Springs to DeBeque).
Secondary objectives include:
- Enhance hydraulics of the diversion structure, thereby improving width to depth ratios, as well as minimizing plunge pools and undermining of the structure;
- Reduce or eliminate entrainment of fish into the ditch during the spring diversion period.